- Posted by Tony Lesowiec
Exciting funding news to report. The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund is part of government’s Industrial Strategy, the long-term plan to raise productivity and earning power in the UK.
The fund is a core pillar in the government’s commitment to increase funding in research and development by £4.7 billion over 4 years to strengthen UK science and business. The funding will be delivered through established Innovate UK and Research Council funding channels.
It will invest in the world-leading research base and highly-innovative businesses to address the biggest industrial and societal challenges today.
The key pillars for the funding are:
• Battery development challenges
• From data to early diagnosis and precision medicine
• Healthy ageing
• Leading-edge healthcare
• Quantum technologies
• Robots for a safer world
• Transforming food production
These challenges and opportunities have been cited by industry where:
• The UK already has established world-leading research and businesses that are ready to innovate in these fields
• The global market is large or fast-growing and sustainable
New and additional challenges will be highlighted shortly by the UK government.
Get in touch by telephone or email on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.